Site map Home Ringing at All Saints All Saints Ringers All Saints Tower Bell restoration Project Visiting All Saints Learning to Ring About Bellringing History of Ringing Articles Articles Links Diary Contact us

Did you know? : The clock was installed by Thwaites & Read of Clerkenwell in 1817.


Art featuring the tower and church

 Over the years the church and its tower have inspired pictures by local artists, including those shown here.

The first drawing by Douglas Thompson shows the tower looking from Rose Street, and was used as the masthead for tower publicity during the Celebrating Community project.

The second picture, a water colour in 2000 is by Thelma Cooper, a friend of one of the ringers. Prints of it were sold to raise funds for Celebrating Community. It shows the tower and church from the northeast in the churchyard. This was before the tower was rendered in 2005, hence the brown colour of th puddingstone.

The third drawing, by C H Bagnoli, dates from the late 19th century and was in the possession of the late Edna Goatley in 2009. It shows the tower seen from the gardens behind Rose Street, looking over the roofs of the houses in Wiltshire Road.

The fourth picture, a water colour in 2020, is by Angela Lazda, a ringer at All Saints. Like the first picture it shows the tower looking between the houses at the narrow end of Rose Street. It also shows the pale colour of the tower after being rendered in 2005.

For close up pictures of the puddingstone, and before and after pictures of the tower, see here .


Pictures 

Click each to enlarge and move between pictures using the arrows.

DouglasThompson.jpg
Drawing by Douglas Thompson
lASPicture.jpg
Water colour by Thelma Cooper
lChurchDwgS.jpg
Drawing by C H Bagnoli
lACL_All_Saints_Wokingham.jpg
Water colour by Angela Lazda

Back to top Return to The tower Go into Porch Go to outside tower Return to Home page Feedback